- 4 ounces penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces Kalettes®, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups yellow squash, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried basil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
Heat the oven to 400 F. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a large oven-proof skillet over medium high, heat oil for 2 minutes. Add Kalettes®, squash and onion; sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and tomatoes to vegetables; sauté 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in pasta, 1/2 cup mozzarella, basil, oregano, salt and red pepper.
In small bowl, combine ricotta and egg. Stir into pasta mixture. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top of pasta. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until bubbly and browned on top.