how to prepare
Kalettes® only need a simple rinse and they’re ready to cook.
how to cook
Kalettes® can be steamed, microwaved, stir fried, boiled or blanched.
- To steam, place the sprouts in a steamer and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Cook in the microwave at 800w for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir fry in a large pan on the hob for 2-3 minutes.
- To boil, bring a pan of water to boiling point and add the Kalettes®, leave to simmer for 3-5 minutes, until tender.
- When blanching boil for just 3-4 minutes, take off of the heat and immediately plunge into ice-cold water to stop the cooking process.
Try our tasty recipes – they are easy to cook and delicious to eat!
Kalettes® are served usually as an accompanying vegetable and eaten hot. Great for winter cooking, this new addition to the brassica family is very quick to cook. Steam the Kalettes® and stir in fresh herbs, garlic and pine nuts for a tasty, warm winter salad, include in easy-supper Asian-style dishes or add to one-pot casseroles. They will also make a great alternative to traditional sprouts if you want something different for Christmas lunch.
Of course the great thing about a new vegetable is discovering the fantastic range of ways it can be used. Take a look at the recipes created by development chef Mal Fry for some inspiration. Or why not send us your recipe ideas; any recipes we like will win a vegetable cook book.